Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Doctor Goes Mad

The night had nearly driven me crazy. I may not have done this under normal conditions, but in the mental state I was in I took it upon myself to attempt to close the gate at Independence Square. That would not have been such a crazy move had there not been the Dark Young guarding the gate. I screamed as I ran towards the monster, repeatedly firing the revolver Mandy had given me into the air. The monster locked its gaze on me and I lost it. I went crazy and the world went black. When I awoke, I was lying comfortably in a room at the Arkham Asylum which ironically was next to Independence Square. Apparently my crazed screams had drawn the attention of some doctors outside and they dragged me to the safety of the Asylum. Unfortunately, in the ordeal I had lost my lucky cigarette case, the bottle of whiskey I had found, and two of my magical spells. Fortunately, I was still alive.

Mandy sprinted across town to the gate at Black Cave. "We will not cease our struggle," intoned the robed High Priest near the gate, "Until we have built Carcosa upon this land of ruined Reason!" With no bullets for her Tommy gun, Mandy now wielded the cavalry saber she had found in the deep darkness of The Abyss. "Well you better start building!" Mandy roared as the saber sliced through most of the vital organs of the High Priest. With a few unintelligable gurgles followed by silence, the fight was over. She took the Priest's mask and stuffed it into her bag. And then she was pulled into the gate to the planet of Yuggoth.

Joe left Another Dimension and returned to the Woods in the Uptown neighborhood. Joe had found enough clues to explain how to close a gate, and that's what he did. But he didn't know about sealing the location. Now there were only two gates left in town.

But the news that a family had been found butchered was enough to raise the terror level of the town. If people weren't concerned with the situation earlier, they were now. And we lost a potential ally in this fight, Anna Kaslow. She left town to stay with her cousin Larry near an inn in Vermont.

Gates open: 2/8
Monsters in Arkham: 2/4
Monsters in Outskirts: 7/7
Terror Level: 1/10
AO Doom Track: 7/13

No comments:

Post a Comment