Saturday, December 5, 2009

Southside Strangler Revealed

After recovering from his strange return to Arkham, Joe stood up and closed the Witch House gate.

And after hiding from flying monsters in the Silver Twilight Lodge, I made my way to South Church. I explained to the priest there how we three had been protecting Arkham by closing the gates and defeating monsters. I showed him the small humming crystal that I had picked up after closing the gate to R'lyeh in the Graveyard. He examined it and offered his blessing to one of us in exchange for the magical relic. We needed all the help we could get. So I handed him the crystal and I had him bless Mandy.

In the City of the Great Race, Mandy's situation mysteriously became more clear and soon she was able to see the return gate to Arkham in a nearby neighborhood. She headed for the gate.

At about the same time, a monster surge produced a Zombie from the gate in The Woods. But it ambled to the Outskirts of town with the other monsters.

A side story that has thus far been overlooked was that of the Southside Strangler. People had been found murdered in Arkham and the police were looking for the suspect. At one point they thought they had found him, but the killers turned out to be a Star Spawn and a Fire Vampire. Once discovered, the two monsters fled to the Outskirts. The town was now completely surrounded by monsters, causing the level of terror in town to increase.

The owner of the General Store, Ryan Dean, had enough. He couldn't risk staying in Arkham any longer. He locked up his General Store and left town. I'm glad I bought my .45 when I did.

There was only one gate left. According to Mandy's readings, if we could close that last gate this horror would be over!

Gates open: 1/8
Monsters in Arkham: 4/4
Monsters in Outskirts: 0/7
Terror Level: 3/10
AO Doom Track: 10/13

No comments:

Post a Comment